Updates On My Updates

Just a couple things I wanted to mention.


The House On Cellar Cir.:
We ran into a snag this week on this rehab. The drain in the main bathroom shower wasn't flowing as fast as it should. Josh tried to "snake" it, but the snake wouldn't budge. This required him to drill down and remove part of the concrete floor to remove the pipe and replace it. Have you ever seen this done? It involves lots of work and a monstrous pile of dirt on the floor from all the digging. It reminds me of a story from my childhood about "moles digging halfway to China." (from The Large and Growly Bear in case you were wondering!) I don't know how much extra time or money this snag will add to the overall project, but I was over there today, and it looked like the bathroom was far from being called a bathroom. We keep working!

Noah:
I took him yesterday for his 2 year check-up and shots. The check-up was fine, the shots involved me pinning Noah down and then trying to comfort my sobbing boy afterward. "Lady hurt you!!" he said. He received a sticker and a lollipop for being brave, and that helped. :) He is now 32 lbs and 35.25" tall. 75th percentile still! Everytime I go, the doctor asks me how tall Noah's dad is (to try to explain his bigness I assume?). I just say, "He was born big. I'm just happy he's not still in the 99th percentile like he was at birth!

Today I took Noah for his 2-year pictures. Aside from having to practically stand on my head to make him smile, they turned out great!

Me:
I have started exercising again. I feel like that's always an update. But it's true--I'm good for about a month before some major thing comes up, like a trip, that makes me quit for a while. Still tweaking my daily routine to fit everything in and still get enough sleep. My sinus infection doesn't seem to have improved EXCEPT that I have been able to taste my food for a few days again!! What a blessing. :)

Truth Baptist Church:
We had 2 visitors Sunday night, and one returning visitor to our Wednesday evening Bible Study/Prayer time. We are encouraged at seeing the Lord work in this brand new ministry. If you would like to check out the website, here it is: http://www.tbcofjax.org/ If you click on "News" at the top of the page, you can read an article I wrote about the first Sunday service there. If you've read my blog, there's not much difference from what I wrote on Sunday, but it's there for the viewing. Jen and I are excited to start up a moms/kids group called Playpals which will get together 2 Thursdays a month for an outing and fellowship. We figure even if no one else shows up, it will be fun for us and our 2 kids at least! But we do hope to have some other moms and kids come.

Better get on with the rest of my afternoon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth