It's Nothing Personal

My dear husband has a cold. It was a couple days in the making, complete with a sore throat on the first day, irritating runny/stuffy nose on the second day, and full-force in all its congested glory today. I feel badly for him, I really do. I hate having colds myself. That mental fog which you are forced to function through, and not being able to taste your food or breathe very well in general are probably the worst side effects in my opinion.

Which is why I'm trying desperately to avoid it. Sleeping in the same bed with a sick person is probably not the best idea, but what is a wife to do? So far he has joked about me turning my head away when he comes to give me a hug, and refusing to share a cup or his food with him. But I think he would take me a little more seriously in my efforts to stay well if he really thought through the ramifications of me coming down with a cold...

If he is sick, the business slows down for a day or two.

If I am sick, the house falls apart, meals are nonexistent, and Noah is left to his own devices.

So you can't really blame me for wanting to stay well, right?

Sorry, Honeybear. No more kisses for me! :)

Comments

cj and family said…
Too funny! Hope he feels better soon! :o)
matt said…
I totally agree! Better to recover as fast as possible!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth