Hit The Ground Running

We are back from vacation. Praise the Lord our flights went smoothly on both trips, and Noah behaved better than expected on all the flights. "Better than expected" means just what it says. He was not extremely well-behaved, but he did....well....better than expected!

Becca's wedding was beautiful and I hope I will always remember it at least in my mind, because I got a whopping two pictures of it. Two. Two, people! How embarrassing is that!? Anyway, the happy couple is now in Maine on their honeymoon and no doubt oblivious to everyone else. The first few weeks of marriage are like that. *sighs* :)

It was especially nice to see most of my family all in one place for the first time in years. My only complaint was that it was too short. Josh, Noah, and I had to leave the reception early to head back to Connecticut, and I hear I missed the best part of the reception: Becca had written a song for John and sang it for him! Oh, the sweetness. I wish I had been there.

Other than the wedding, we enjoyed absolutely beautiful weather the entire time we were up North. We also got to see Josh's parents and Matt and Melanie and their kids. Have I mentioned before that Noah loves kids? He loves kids. Loves. Them. I am reminded every time Noah gets to play for extended periods of time with other kids that it takes a lot of pressure off of me to keep him entertained. If there are kids around, he's happy and only comes to get me if he's hurt. We need to have some more kids! Or at least one. (Please, Lord?)

The pictures I'm sharing are from our week away. Two are from the wedding reception, and the rest are from Connecticut. I promise (I hope!) to take more pictures of my side of the family when I am up there for my Mom's 75th Birthday Party later this month. Remind me, folks!
For now, I'm keeping busy with unpacking, grocery shopping, getting ready for Josh's brother Dave to come visit us tomorrow (!!), and of course unearthing myself from Mount St. Laundry. I think laundry multiplies itself when left alone for a week. :)


My apologies for the poor lighting. Left to right we have: my nephew Zach, nieces Meredith, Amy, and Susan. We all kind of grew up together.




John and Becca as they made their rounds. Noah flashing a signature grin, un-signature considering it was WAY past his naptime.



The only motorcycle Noah can ride by himself. Not the only one he tries to ride, though.




Noah and cousin David on the roller slide. This thing was the coolest slide ever!



Left to right: Noah's cousin Jenna, Daniel, Aunt Melanie (or "Nemnee" as Noah pronounced it), David, and Noah


Grammie Rowley and Noah reading a book



Jenna and Noah strawberry-picking in the rain



Can I eat them?





Comments

matt said…
Looks like fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth