Irony

My husband left today to attend Grammie's funeral in Kansas. It's not that I ever look forward to being separated from my husband, but I've found that the upside to him going away for a few days is that I can eat whatever I want for supper. I wouldn't necessarily call Josh a picky eater, but for sure he doesn't like everything that I do. I have a deep affinity for white rice. Pierogies. Chicken Parmesan. My husband doesn't share these affinities. Naturally when meal planning, I like to have good reviews, so over the past several years I have cut out foods like these not because I've been forced to, but because I aim to please. Therefore, on those occasions when I am on my own for dinner, I console myself with the thought that I can make whatever I want!

Tonight we had meatballs, pierogies, and broccoli.

However.

Sometime today between lunchtime and dinnertime, unbeknownst to me, my cold decided to take my tastebuds hostage! I could not taste a thing! There I sat, eating as fine a feast as I have made just for me (and Noah), and couldn't taste a bit of it.

If that's not irony, I don't know what is.

Comments

Ruth said…
On Saturday night when we had company I made a dish (chicken, brown rice, black beans, stewed tomatoes, cheese) that I used to make frequently in my days as a single person in MD and PA. I haven't made it in 8 years as Paul doesn't like stewed tomoatoes or rice. It is nice every once in a while to eat those foods we like that our dh's don't. Bummer you couldn't taste it though! I hope you feel better soon!
Unknown said…
In't that the way?!? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth