Sinus Infection

That's me. The one with the sinus infection. The one who still has a sore throat and can't taste her food. I've been sick with this cold for going on 2 weeks now. Decided it was high time to kick this thing, and went to the doctor this morning. The doctor said it's most likely a sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Terrific! Maybe I can finally start feeling better. Except when I went to fill the prescription, it was going to cost $76.00!!! I left the pharmacy without my prescription (Josh would have fainted at that price and I almost did too!) and instead bought a bottle of vitamin C for $6.99. I'm hoping I can knock it out with that.

What did people do before they had antibiotics? Surely people didn't just die of sinus infections. Surely if I get a lot of rest, take my vitamin C, and keep drinking water and PRAY, the Lord will heal me of this infection without the $76.00 antibiotic?

I really hope so, because this is a Big Weekend coming up. Sunday will be Truth Baptist Church's official beginning, and I'm really hoping to feel better by then. Not to mention it would be really nice to taste my food again. I'll say it again: you think tasting your food is a perk you could live without. You think it wouldn't be a big deal for food to have no flavor. It is.

We have company coming this evening. Patrick and Heather Bryant, some very dear friends will be staying with us this weekend to help out and attend our first Sunday service. It will be great to see them again and have their help! Please be praying that the Lord will help us with the details of the day, and that He would be glorified through our efforts in starting this church. It's His work!!

Amen.

Comments

cj and family said…
Vitamin C is an excellent choice (take lots!) Also, garlic is a natural antibiotic. Do some research, but we've found it to be very helpful in fighting ear infections and swollen glands. Hope you feel better soon!
matt said…
Sorry to hear about the sinus infection:( We will be praying for you!

Brianne wants to write something to you also:

N : :N :H nuNNNHNH "H " " yt" y6'& nu
uv k'k''' v bbi'v bvvvvvvvv

(i.e.) we love you Aunt Joanna!
Ruth said…
If you don't feel better by Monday, I'd suggest calling the doctor and asking for a different Rx. There are certainly cheaper antibiotics out there and in fact some of them you can get for less than $5 at Walmart or places like that if you get the generic. Hope the rest and vitamin C does the trick. There was a teacher at the school where I was principal who was also a big advocate of garlic. She'd give me some when she heard I wasn't feeling well.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth