Ships Passing In the Night

Josh is coming home in a couple hours and I'm waiting not-so-patiently. I don't know how single mothers rear children without a male influence and a small break every once in a while. DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME; I love my little Noah, but I know there is a gap that I don't fill very well when Josh is missing. The Lord knew what He was doing when He created a mom and a dad to rear the children. Anyway, I digress....

The Big News (ha, ha) is that my taste buds came hobbling back to me today! They're still a little dull, but they're back, and that is why I pulled out the leftovers from Pierogie Night to eat for lunch today. :) Nothing like being able to taste your food again. You think it doesn't matter. It does. Trust me.

So Josh comes home sometime around 4:15pm, and we head back to the airport at 5:45am tomorrow morning for Travel, Part II. I can't even say Bright and Early, it's just plain Early. Noah and I will be leaving for my mom's big 75th Birthday Bash which will be this Saturday! I am SO excited to see all my family again and to help my mom celebrate this monumental year, though I can't exactly say I am excited to awaken before dawn to fly with an almost-two-year-old by myself. ;) My mom understands what I mean. She's been there and done that.

Well, that's the scoop! I can say without too much doubt that I'll probably not be blogging this weekend. BUT I'm going to do my best to come back with more than 2 pictures of the event and fill you all in next week.

Bye!

Comments

cj and family said…
Amen. There's a reason that God gives children BOTH a mommy and a daddy. Those times when I'm frustrated with my wonderful husband because he hasn't met MY expectatations, a quick memory jog that I have friends who are doing this on their own puts things back in perspective!
Ruth said…
I agree that being a single parent must be really tough. I, too, love Nadia to pieces but really find it exhausting if I am the only one caring for her from 6am to 7pm. I hope you have a GREAT trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth