Goodbye, Grammie


We are sad and yet somewhat relieved to report that Josh's Grammie died last night after a battle with Alzheimer's Disease. We will surely miss her and her sweet smiles and kind words for everyone, but we know what eternal joy she is rejoicing in even as I write this! She is with her Lord now, and free from the sufferings she knew here on earth.


While she lived, she was a blessing to all of us and I'm so thankful for the years that I knew her. I recall the first time I met her 9 years ago, Josh and I were dating. I was just getting to know his family, and I can remember how welcome she made me feel in the midst of a sea of strangers; like I was part of the family already. This lady loved her husband and children, and loved the Lord. We will miss her!

I decided to include the above picture of Grammie instead of a recent one. Even though her features changed much over the years, her expression was the same. Same wide smile. This is how I'd like to remember her. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth