IVF Update; A Call To Prayer

Today's blood work and ultrasound appointment did Not. Go. Well. The one piece of good news I received was that, unlike what I thought before, I actually have 5 follicles (remember follicles hold the eggs) instead of four.

However.

Of those 5, only one has grown since the last appointment. One. Uno. I think you get the idea. At the last appointment, all 5 were size 5 or 6mm, (which I know doesn't mean much to most of you, but that's okay; keep reading anyway!) and today, four of them were still size 5 or 6 and one was a size 12mm. They like to see all follicles grow, and to grow at the same rate is especially desired.

So, what does this mean?

I have another appointment Monday morning. If by then I still have just one follicle that is out ahead of the pack in terms of growth, it will likely mean we will have to cancel the cycle. If the rest have caught up (or even just 2 or 3), we can likely proceed. Cancelling would be Very Very Sad to me, since we have already invested so much time, energy, money, and needles into this cycle. I'm sure you can imagine I desperately do not want to cancel.

Here's where you come in!

If you read this, could you please, please pray for us? Above all, we want the Lord's will. But I would add a couple of requests to this in addition:
1. Pray for peace for Josh and me, whatever the outcome.
2. Pray that we would trust the Lord above all and through all.
3. Pray that my ovaries would respond to all this medication and that my follicles would grow this weekend (if you are a man and it would weird you out to pray for that, just focus on the above two. I understand).

I'll keep you posted as we know more.


***Edited to add*** I should add that I know the Lord CAN do a miracle for us. We serve the God who is in control of the oceans and all creation, including our bodies. I know He loves me, and that He is above all the statistics and the chances, and the way things look humanly speaking. I'm asking that you pray that He will intervene and show Himself mighty, and that we would be able to give all the glory and praise to Him alone at the end of this. I meant to say that earlier, and forgot. Shame on me! :)

Comments

Melanie said…
Oh, Joanna, I will pray for you and Josh. Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm sorry for the sad news today. We will pray for a miracle.
Ruth said…
Oh, Jo, I am so sorry to hear that only one follie grew the last 3 days. I've always heard that until they reach at least 10mm it's very unpredictable. My RE doesn't even keep track of them until they hit 10mm as although most keep growing if they hit at least 10mm (although of course you still can't guarantee uniform growth), many don't when they're less than 10mm. Did they say what your E2 was from Monday to today? Well I'll be praying for a miracle and for God to give you and Josh peace. Cast your cares on Him for He careth for you!!!!
cj and family said…
Hi Joanna, I've "met" you through Jen's blog ... please know that we'll be praying for you also!
cj and family said…
After reading this post, I went back and read all of your recent IVF posts--thanks for sharing the details. I realize it may seem awkward, but it's really helpful to understand what's going on and how we can pray better.
Haha said…
Hi Jo,
I had no idea you were doing IVF again. I will be praying for peace during this stressful time my friend.
Love you!
Holly

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth