Strength For Today


The Lord is keeping me encouraged and reminding me that He is in control, and that's enough for today. I'm praying my little heart out for my body to do what it is supposed to do, and while I'm waiting for The Appointment on Monday, I'm trying to rest in the strength the Lord gives me for TODAY.


Matt and Jen helped with this when they unexpectedly dropped by last night bearing gifts to cheer me up: the beautiful Easter Lily that you see pictured above, and a tiny box of Russell Stover chocolates. I say "tiny" but not in a bad way. That was actually part of the thoughtfulness of the gift--Jen remembered that I am restricted from exercising and she knew how much a big box of chocolates would have called and eventually been consumed by me and the inevitable guilt that would follow. (I'm sure you can relate!) This box contained 4 chocolates. It was, in a word, PERFECT. Sadly, I have no picture to document the chocolates because I ate them all last night. And I have zero guilt. :) The flower is gorgeous too, and I love that it's alive and will hopefully keep growing and remind me for months (or years? I can't be too optimistic considering my deplorable gardening skills!) to come of their thoughtfulness and the lovingkindness of my God. Thanks, guys!


I also wanted to share some Scripture that's been encouraging my heart while I wait to see which way this whole thing will go:


"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper..." Psalm 121:1-5a


"Those who love Your law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble." Psalm 119:165


"I rise before dawn and cry for help; I wait for Your words." Psalm 119:147


"Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, until He is gracious to us." Psalm 123:2


"Those who trust in the LORD are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever." Psalm 125:1


"Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to retire late, to eat the bread of painful labors; for He gives to His beloved even in his sleep. Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth." Psalm 127:1-5


"Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14


If you notice, all these references are from the Psalms. That's not because that's the only place to find comforting passages (quite the contrary!), but because I happen to be in the Psalms for my daily devotions, so they are what has been fresh in my mind these last days and weeks. What a blessing it is to have the word of the Lord to comfort and strengthen us in tough times!


Thank you to ALL of you who have written me in some form or other to let me know you will be praying for us. Words can't express my gratefulness to you, and I know in part it is because of your prayers that the Lord is strengthening me so. Your written encouragement reminded me that I'm not alone and that you care. I needed that!


Please keep praying!!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Praying for you and Josh!
Remember God is always in control and has a plan for this! :)
Definitely praying for you, Jo. Love you. :)
TylerandBrianne said…
Saw on Ruth's blog that you were having a hard time and thought I would pop over and send some prayers and encouragement. I had a failed cycle before and had to swap to an IUI and my failed cycle will be 3 in July. God always has a plan.
I just had a failed cycle, and I am starting another one again in a few days. Feel free to email if you need some words rr2428@hotmail.com
Regina

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth