Afraid of the Dark?

Noah has started showing concern about The Dark. When I leave him to go to sleep at night he says, "Dark!" or "Light on!" I've started leaving his door open so he can see the hall light on, and so far that has taken care of his concern. I guess I always thought that fears were learned; like if you've seen fear in someone else, you learn to fear the same things. But I have never given Noah any reason to fear the dark, so maybe I was wrong and certain fears are innate? Hmmm....

He is also afraid of large dogs if they approach him too fast, and has always shown fear to some degree of loud mechanical noises. This fear of the dark is new. It's a little endearing, but I don't want him to become a sissy.

This post was mostly for my own memory's sake, so I'm sorry if I've bored you to tears here. :) It was free!

Comments

Natasha said…
Both of my kids are the same way..especially Alexa. I put a tiny light in their room (like, 15 watts) and we leave that on as a nightlight (Jared can reach a typical plug-in one, so we had to try something else). That helped tremendously... also, when they got older, we bought a flashlight for each so if we lost power or their light went out, they would have another source of light. :)
Haha said…
Emma did the same thing. I put a dim nightlight in her room and she has slept fine ever since! She also went through a fear of loud noises during potty training, which meant we couldn't use a public restroom!
LOL
Holly

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth