I DID It!

Noah loves to do things by himself. And more importantly, he likes to feel like he did it himself, even if he didn't really do it himself. He'll try to buckle himself in his carseat, fumble around, finally ask for help and then exclaim triumphantly after I buckle him in, "I DID it!" Big smiles. :)

And it got me to wondering if maybe God has the same experience with us as His children. If we like to take all the credit for performing a task that HE helped us with (or did Himself!). The strength for making it through another day, accomplishing our goals in less time than we thought, or having enough money for another month of expenses. Did we really do it? Probably not.

These thoughts make me thankful for a God who loves me and who works things out for my good and His glory. And makes me a little more careful to thank Him for His goodness when I'm tempted to shout, "I DID it!"

Comments

Thanks for this insightful post, Jo! Love ya!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth