The Twilight Zone

You know what's weird?

Writing things on this blog and forgetting about them, figuring no one reads it, and just thinking of it as a journal or an instant Picture Sender for the grandparents (I know at least my mom and Josh's mom read this thing). But that's not what's weird. What's weird is when people I didn't even know read this thing come up to me and mention something I wrote. It's like a very bad deja vu (how do you spell that?) experience.

Me: "Wait, what?"

Them: "You know, you wrote that on your blog a few days ago."

Me: "I know. But how did you...? You mean you read my blog?" (my face turns three shades of red)

Them: "Yes!"

Awk. Ward. I mean, I know a blog is pretty public being that it's on the internet and whatnot, but I think the awkwardness factor skyrockets when you think like 3 people read it (and some days I'm convinced I'm the only one who reads it) and find out your audience is actually much bigger. People in our church. Longtime family friends. The mailman, perhaps?

So if you're out there and you read this on a somewhat-regular basis, could you tell me? I mean, before you quote me and ask about something I said, could you preface it with, "Hey, I read your blog and I was wondering..." That will stop all the weird creepies I feel when I can't figure out how you know what you know.

Because I don't mind you knowing. I like that people read this blog! I like that I am not the only one entertained by it. I like that people care and want to know how we're doing. Thank you for reading my blog. Just make sure to tell me you read it.

Thanks! :)

Comments

Ruth said…
I read your blog - every post. Of course I think you probably already knew that. ;-)
Melanie said…
Joanna,

I read every post. I'm subscribed to it through Google Reader. Your blog and Jen's blog and Carrie's blogs are my daily internet excitement! I get so excited when I see a post from you guys! :) So, thanks for blogging! I feel like I know what's up with you and Jen, even though I don't talk with you often.

Melanie
I read every entry, Jo. Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth