A Close Second


Since the response to my cookie recipe request of a few days ago was so overwhelming, I decided I should just go online and try some out for myself. :) I found this recipe for Oatmeal cookies and decided to give it a try. We love it! I asked Josh if they are as good as the Chewy Chocolate cookies, and he said they are a "close second". So they are VERY GOOD. Go ahead and give them a try!


Oatmeal Raisin Crispies


1 C Shortening

1 C Packed Brown Sugar

1 C Sugar

2 Eggs, beaten

1 tsp Vanilla

1 1/2 C flour

1 tsp Salt

1 tsp Baking Soda

3 C Quick Oats

1 C Raisins (or more if you like them really raisin-y)


In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. In separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add to shortening mixture until well combined. Add oats and stir again until well mixed. Add raisins and stir again. Drop by tsps onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 mins or until golden brown.

Comments

Ruth said…
I haven't made cookies in hmm we're not just talking years here - we're talking decades...not since I was a child. So I didn't have any recipes to share when you asked. I LOVE cookies. If I made them, I would gain far more than 2 lbs in 5 weeks. And yep if you lost inches I'd say you must have gained muscle which weighs more than fat. Of course that's presuming all your measurements were accurate. I think it's hard to be really precise with measurements. I do plan to make cookies with Nadia when she's old enough to help in the kitchen. Hopefully my self control will be better by then. Right now I stick with granola bars as I definitely only eat one of those whereas I could never eat just one cookie.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth