10 Pound Challenge Update

The 10 Pound Challenge is officially over! The ladies' exercise accountability group from church has decided to keep going for another 5 weeks, since so many of them loved it so much. I decided to bow out, since staying in requires another $5 investment. It was fun the first time, but I don't want to keep shelling out $5 every 5 weeks when I don't have a shot at winning! Here's how I did:

Drumroll please.....

I gained 2 pounds (cookies, anyone?) and lost 2.75 inches in 5 weeks' time. I'm telling myself those 2 pounds are muscle, as I did lose inches after all. You'd think if that was cookie weight I wouldn't have lost any inches, RIGHT? Somebody tell me I'm right.

I do plan to keep exercising 5 days a week. I have to say I think it helps with my energy levels overall and my circulation. Though I have to have a pep talk with myself every morning when my alarm goes off at 6a.m. and remind myself of all the benefits so I don't snuggle deeper under the covers and go back to sleep.

Comments

Marmee said…
I most heartily agree that you must have gained muscle,toned up and I am sure you feel the benefits. I had to chuckle at the updates re: the dog. I can only say that your life will be MUCH easier! It is definitely not a matter to take lightly and like all things in life can get confusing. I am glad you had a black and white moment that brought a mutual agreement. I am sure it will be revisited as Noah gets older!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth