A Bit of a Splurge










It's FREEEEEZING here today! Seriously, the low 40's and 20's at night! So what do you do on a cold day? You don't go outside for very long. With this in mind, Noah and I headed out to the mall this morning to see if we could catch any good clearance sales (I love a good bargain!) and walk around INSIDE.

We stopped at JCPenney and actually bought Josh a new pair of pajama pants for $6! And I got myself 9 pairs of earrings for $16 at Claire's. I was pretty excited. And since Noah was such a good boy and let me shop while he sat in his stroller, I rewarded him with something I would normally never do...


I let him ride twice on the insert-quarter-ride-a-horsey type thing. You know them, they used to have them outside of grocery stores and you used to beg your mom to let you ride it. Only now they're not just little yellow horses anymore; they're spaceships and cars and hot dog trucks.....Hot Dog Trucks? Yes, that's what I said! And now, they're not just a mere quarter, but three quarters. Per ride. (!!!) Let me reiterate that I normally would view these rides as A Waste Of Money, but today I made an exception. I'm so glad I did!

Comments

Carrie said…
next time take him to Chuck e cheese - each ride is a quarter or you can print off coupons and get like 100 tokens for $15 and just use a few each time to make it last longer - so much fun!!!!
Rachel said…
We used to BEG to ride stuff like that! Remember how AWESOME it was when the adults said "yes" for once? Haha! Sometimes when I see kids riding those I get a little twinge of nostalgic envy. Not only am I too big to ride, but the thrill is gone. Noah won't be excited by stuff like that forever, but as long as he is those 3 quarters make you a hero!:)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth