Sword Drill

"Turn to the book of Amos," the pastor might say. I gulp and start sweating as I try to flip like I know what I'm doing through the books of the Old Testament, hoping that Amos will magically fall open and I won't be the last one with pages turning. I should have learned the books of the Bible by rote as a child, but I didn't. I learned them over time by trial and error, and those minor prophets still give me pause. Thankfully, Noah's Sunday School teacher has begun teaching her class to memorize the books of the Bible, and hopefully Noah won't suffer my same palm-sweating hesitancy later on. :)

So far, Noah knows up through Jeremiah, though I think in this video he skips Psalms. This is mostly for the grandparents, and Josh and me of course, to look back on years from now and marvel that he was ever that little. I've been doing that a lot lately--going back through my blog, looking at old pictures and videos of Noah and laughing and crying.... but that's another post for another time. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth