Do I Hafta?

Brianne was feeling a little shy on Dave's wedding day. They had asked if she could be the flower girl, and she wasn't quite sure about that. She buried her head in Jen's skirt anytime someone asked her about it, so Matt and Jen began preparing for "what if Brianne chickens out at the last minute, and won't go down the aisle?" They thought maybe Noah could walk with her and help her be brave.



They practiced.


Well, it must have seemed a little too real for Noah, because he wandered off by himself just before Dave's wedding. After scanning the beach, we spotted him down by the water (I know! I won't comment now on all that did to my insides as a parent, because I'm sure you can imagine). I ran down to retrieve him, and after a stern "what were you thinking" type warning, I told him it was almost time for the wedding, and we needed to hurry back.

Dragging his feet, he said, "Mommy do I have to marry Brianne?"

"No, sweetheart. I can guarantee you don't have to marry Brianne. Not now, not ever." Bless his heart. ;)


Oh! And in case you were wondering, Brianne did fine walking that aisle all by herself. Good job, Brianne!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth