Honeymooners

Last Sunday evening, a young couple visited our church. They were glowing. I went to go meet them after the service, and the girl told me they were on their honeymoon; they had been married a little over a week.

On our way home from church, I told Josh that the couple was on their honeymoon. He made some kind of indistinguishable noise, and said "Those were the days! Real life hasn't started yet, you've been showered with gift cards to all kinds of stores, you have no responsibility, and everything is wonderful!"

I think he was a little jealous. :)

We don't get much vacation time. I should say we don't take much vacation time. Not vacation in a way that I would define it anyway. I can't ever remember a vacation or even a weekend or even a date night where Josh's phone didn't ring and he was responsible to do something about the call....except while we were on our honeymoon. Nine and a half years ago.

So my wish (whether or not it will happen remains to be seen) is to take one night away, just the two of us, for our 10 year anniversary in December. With no cell phone. No. Cell. Phone. I'll bring quarters and find a pay phone if we have to make a call.

That would feel like my honeymoon all over again. :)

Comments

Ruth said…
We haven't had a night w/o kids since Nadia was born 3 years ago. We're hoping to get away for a weekend in August for our 10 year anniversary. I hope your wish comes true about the cell phone although I don't think there are many pay phones around any more. :-)
Jen said…
We'll watch Noah!!! :)
Joanna said…
Aw, thanks Jen! We'll see. Just remember what your life will be like come December. :)
Anonymous said…
I wish I could babysit for you, so you could have a night away!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth