Count It All Joy

I've had a lot to "count as joy" these days. :) For some reason, the Lord has seen fit to allow multiple physical trials into my life over the last month or so. To my shame, I have not always had a good attitude about them, but by His grace He can help me to rejoice even in the midst of them. It is a moment-by-moment battle for me. I know that God is sovereign, and that there are no accidents with God, and for that I do rejoice! I am so thankful for a God who always acts on purpose, and always loves me enough to allow the best thing for me into my life. I do pray that I would bring Him glory in my "momentary, light afflictions."

You know all about the Eardrum Thing. Well, after a week on the antibiotics, I have acquired a secondary infection (which shall remain nameless due to squeamishness) as a result of all the good bacteria being flushed out with the bad. My body threw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

Right now I am praying that the Lord will spare me from any worse infections if that would be His will, and that I would learn to praise Him in the midst of my trials. I cringe to think of the disgrace I have brought to His name by all my griping and groaning recently! Forgive me, Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth