Responsible Blueberry Muffins





Awhile back I posted a recipe for Scrumptious Blueberry Muffins. I stand by that recipe. My husband LOVES those muffins, and so do I. Trouble is, just about the only ingredient in that recipe which I am allowed to eat while on my current diet is the blueberries! Bummer.

So after acquiring some spelt flour, which is much more light and airy than oat flour, I followed the recipe for what I am calling "Responsible Blueberry Muffins." Because let's face it, these are not nearly as good as the Scrumptious ones. They're the Minivan when you really want to drive the Ferrari. But you must admit, the minivan works, and with much less guilt! :)


Responsible Blueberry Muffins

1 C Spelt flour

1 C Oat flour

2 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 C sugar

2 Tbs honey

1 C almond milk (you could use cow's milk)

1/4 C canola oil

1 egg, beaten

1 C blueberries

Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In another bowl, stir together the honey, almond milk, oil, and egg. Lightly combine dry and wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries. Fill each muffin cup to the top. Bake 18-20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth