This Is My Title

There. I came up with a title. I dislike coming up with titles, by the way. I can sit there for 10 or 15 minutes, drumming up a title and then never get to post what I want. Not today! (I find it especially hard when I'm going to be posting about random things in the same post. What do you call a post that's not really about anything?)

This has been the most beautiful Spring season since we've been in Florida. The days just can't get any more gorgeous, and I'm so thankful to God! I go outside and smell the air to get a whiff of my wisteria that are blooming. The dogwood trees are especially beautiful, and so are all the other flowers that I know not the names of. :) I appreciate them, even if I don't know what they're called.

I've decided against a vegetable garden again this year. Call me lazy, or just plain busy, but I can't seem to fit that in just yet. That, and I'm hard-pressed to find a spot in our yard that receives at least 6 hours of sunlight a day. That, and I didn't start planting early enough. That, and, well you get the idea. Publix for produce it is!

My follow-up doctor appointment (with the ND) is coming up on Wed, Lord-willing. My test results are in, and I'm supposed to go discuss them and try to formulate the beginnings of a plan.

Noah has been giving us some trouble again. I've never known such an argumentative child. Then again, I've never before spent 24 hours a day with any one child before. Maybe they're all like this at 3 years old, I don't know. It's getting so bad, he'll argue about arguing! "Noah, stop arguing with Mommy." "I'm not arguing!" "Yes, you are." "No, I'm not!" AAAUUGGGHH!! We keep working....

We bought Noah a big boy twin bed yesterday! YAY! I need to do a little work on it (sand it, coat it with polyurethane), but *hopefully* by Monday night he can be sleeping in his new bed. I am so excited, I don't know about him. :)

The latest book I've been reading is a biography of Amy Carmichael and, while very deep, has been a blessing to my heart. I've been thinking of putting one of her poems on the sidebar of my blog, and if I ever get a minute, I just might do it.

Finally, I want to say what a great resource sermonaudio.com is! A couple of months ago, I didn't have any good shows to watch while I was folding laundry, and I believe the Lord gave me the idea to go to sermonaudio and listen to a sermon. Thus began a new habit, and with such benefits! "Monk" was fun, but preaching is infinitely better! Now whenever I am doing a mindless task such as mopping the floor, cleaning up the kitchen, folding laundry, or the myriad other jobs that face me, I listen to a sermon. By God's grace I have worked my way through a short series on childrearing, an entire series on Proverbs, and am now starting one on 1 Corinthians. I really look forward to my housework times while Noah is napping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth