God of the Little Things

I love when God answers a specific prayer request of mine and I get to see firsthand another demonstration of His great power. Sometimes I start to forget that God really cares about everything in my life, and it's then when He'll reach down and answer something small that maybe I thought would have escaped His notice or not have been important enough to regard. Maybe it's something I didn't even formally pray for, but just in passing said to the Lord, "Wouldn't it be nice if..."

I had one such blessing while we were in Greenville in the form of seeing a dear friend.

I knew that our trip to Greenville was going to be fast, and that we wouldn't have time for much besides what we went there for. But in passing I had said to the Lord, "Wouldn't it be nice if I got to meet my friend Jenny?"

Jenny is a reader of my blog, and I'm a reader of hers. We have become friends over the past couple years, and it seemed to me that we would be really good friends if we knew each other "in real life". I had mentioned to the Lord in passing that it would be so neat to meet her face-to-face, but I couldn't figure out how that was going to work, so I didn't even inform her that we were going to be in Greenville that weekend.

Well.

Josh and I had just finished talking with our old friend, Meredith, who works in the Child Development Center at BJU. We were heading back to the car with a very tired (*cough* Very Grumpy) Noah, and walking toward the gate of the Center was Jenny with two of her (Very Angelic) kids. We both sort of squinted and tried to get a closer look at each other to make sure we weren't seeing things. We weren't! I wish you could have seen the two of us as we stood there, pointing at each other in disbelief before we gave each other a big hug.

God, in His ultimate perfect timing, had orchestrated our paths to cross at just the right moment so that a "little" desire of mine could be fulfilled. Jenny was every bit who I thought she'd be, and she blessed my heart for having met her! What a great God we serve, Who delights to answer the prayers of His children!

I'm still smiling over the blessing of that.

Comments

The Stewardess said…
That is amazing! Our God is an awesome God!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth