Peace, Be Still


I love how in the midst of a trial, God tends to bring the words of a song to my mind. I'll wake up in the night or early morning, with that song already playing in my head and when I think about what I'm singing, it is so comforting or encouraging or convicting; whatever I might need at the time.

I have a CD put out by the Wilds called, "God Meant It For Good" (thanks, Carrie Bennett!) and it is my go-to cd when I need to be reminded that God is in control and does everything on purpose. Usually it is one of those songs that will be repeating itself in the back of my mind.

Here are the words to "Peace, Be Still."

"When your heart is broken, when you're prone to fear,
When you feel forsaken, He is always near.
When your life's uncertain with its good or ill,
See your gentle Savior, hear His 'Peace, be still!'

When your soul, in anguish, bows in grief today,
Knowing of His power, will you think to pray?
Master of the oceans, Lord of earth and skies,
No storm escapes His presence, no soul escapes His eyes.

'Peace, be still, Peace, be still'
The winds and waves shall sweetly obey His will.
No storm can sweep your soul,
He's in control every moment.
Obey as He whispers, 'Peace, be still'
'Peace, be still.'"


Too bad I can't pipe this song into your house today so you could hear it yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth