Naturopathic Doctor

Last Wednesday I went to my very first appointment with a Naturopathic doctor. Having had it "up to here" with what conventional doctors had to offer, a dear lady at church slipped a business card into my hand with the name of an ND on it.

I had grown so accustomed to "regular" doctors breezing into the room, reading my chart in front of me, asking me a couple questions without really listening to my answer, checking their watches, and then offering me a band-aid clad in a solution's clothes. Blech. Instead, this doctor listened to me. Novel concept! I was in there speaking with her for an hour and a half, which is also a novel concept in this world of Revolving Door Doctor's Offices. The whole experience was so refreshing. I didn't leave with any assumption that my issues can or will be resolved, but I did leave with the impression that this doctor was going to try, for the first time in my experience, to find out the cause of my health issues.

Yes, I have Endometriosis.

Yes, I'm infertile.

Yes, I have perplexing issues.

We know that. But rather than offer me drugs or drastic surgery, which would only mask the symptoms, this doctor is trying to figure out why my body is doing this. What a difference! Getting to the heart of the matter. When did conventional doctors lose sight of that goal?

My next step: await the results of a saliva test I did last week. (By the way, saliva tests are yucky in case you were wondering.)

I'm still praying that the Lord gives all of us wisdom with this! He's really the only one who knows what is going on with me and why. I'm praying He'll help us figure it out too.

Comments

cj and family said…
Will be joining you in prayer. And yes, a saliva test just sounds weird. It's also about the last thing I would have expected to hear that they'd be testing. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth