If It's Cheryl

Buddy and Loren Fitzgerald, missionaries to Peru


As a family, we pray for 3 or 4 missionaries as part of our nightly Family Time. We usually pray for the missionaries by first name or family name, and one night Noah stumped us with his prayer.


"And dear Lord, please help Buddy and Loren and If It's Cheryl..."


Josh and I peeked at one another through squinted eyes and silently asked each other "what did he say?" I repeated "If It's Cheryl" to myself over and over, hoping to figure it out. And then all those games of Mad Gab came back to me and the translation was suddently clear as day:


"And dear Lord, please help Buddy and Loren Fitzgerald..."


I guess "Fitzgerald" would sound kind of like "If It's Cheryl" to a three-year-old. Thankfully, God knew who he was praying for! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth