A Second Visit to the ND

*ND, if you can't remember, stands for Naturopathic Doctor. You're welcome. :)

On Wednesday of this week, I went back to the ND to go over the results from my (very yucky) saliva test that I performed a few weeks ago. "Performed" makes it sound tricky, which it really isn't, but then again it is. Have you ever tried to spit repeatedly into a tube with an opening diameter of approximately 1/2 inch? I stand by "performed."

Anyway.

The findings of the test were good/bad. My doctor has every reason to think I'm ovulating (sorry, men! I totally should have warned you.), which is TERRIFIC, but that there's a hormonal imbalance and possibly blocked tubes that are hindering me. (Okay, I think I can safely assume I have scared off any men by now!)

My hormone Cortisol--"the hormone of well-being"-- was found to be low, along with the Total Salivary SIgA (whatever THAT means!), and the doctor said that this points to adrenal fatigue, which is not too surprising considering my Endometriosis.

I realize that I'm speaking Greek to my entire audience including myself, but bear with me. It'll get practical.

We went over dietary changes and supplements to add that will hopefully help with my issues. The bad news is that the dietary changes involve severely restricting absolute staples at our house: beef (Josh almost passed out), pork, bacon, dairy, unless it's been fermented. (Think yogurt.) Tomatoes, bell peppers, wheat flour, white flour, potatoes.

Think about this with me for a minute: If I cut out beef, tomatoes, and white/wheat flour, then when can I have Spaghetti? This is a once-a-week meal at our house!!

Moving on, of course there are many things that I can eat, and will have to become my new favorites I suppose. For sake of time, I can't list all of those things. But to sum up, remember my diet I was on last summer? This will be a lot like that. Lots of green leafies, fruits, nuts, and grains. Skimpy on the meats.

I didn't have the heart to ask about chocolate.




More to come in the next few weeks! Noah is now awake from his nap. :)

Comments

Carrie said…
i was curious..thinking about you this week. We might actually be coming to Fl in the near future (i will let you know if we do). Mike has a phone interview with a church in IN on Tuesday night.
cj and family said…
Thanks for sharing ... I'll be praying. And rice sounds like an option--at least brown rice. That's yummy ... you can do lots of chicken/veggie stirfries. :o)
Laura said…
Two words that will change your life for the better: "almond flour" :)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth