Lilacs Too!



Earlier in the week I found azaleas in our back yard at Cellar, and yesterday; lilacs! They smelled so fragrant I wished I could put my nose right in them and just breathe it right in. I was a little jealous of the fat bumblebee who appeared to be doing just that, and had to be satisfied instead with the photos I took.




A lady from church gave me two strawberry plants (clearly she has not heard of my inadvertent Plant Killings, or she may have just bought me some strawberries instead!) and I planted them over at Cellar last night. I went to check on them this morning, and they looked fine! I hope I can overcome my past and go on to be an expert gardener. Right. Or maybe I'll just settle for being Someone Who Doesn't Kill Plants.




One can always hope!

Comments

cj and family said…
I love lilacs! Yours look so pretty!
Ruth said…
I hope you get some strawberries! I want to plant some some day.
Joanna,
I think your "lilacs" are actually wisteria! From looking at the height, size of flowers and they "taper" down and not up I think you have a lovely wisteria vine. I have always wanted one, but you need a trellis or something for the vines to climb on. I would love to be able to help you identify your "rose" bushes and other plants. I guess I'll have to come in more variety of seasons! :) I do enjoy your blog, and read it more than I respond to it.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth