My Lilacs Aren't Lilacs

Really it just illustrates my point; that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to identifying plants! My mother-in-law Mom Rowley, left the following comment on my blog last night:

Joanna:
I think your "lilacs" are actually wisteria! From looking at the height, size of flowers, and they taper down and not up I think you have a loveley wisteria vine...."

After googling "lilac" and then "wisteria", I totally stand corrected! She's right!

Actually, the fact that I have wisteria makes more sense, because last night we found the source of my "lilacs" was a vine coming up through the fence. I had thought it was a lilac tree, but in reality it's a wisteria vine using a plain old tree for a trellis. So. I have a little work to do! Wouldn't it be so romantic to put up a trellis (which Mom suggested) and have beautiful wisteria growing over it? I'd feel all Anne of Green Gables or something. :)

I might even have to go buy a dress with puffed sleeves--the puffiest in the world!

Comments

Ruth said…
I loved Anne of Green Gables. Either way they are pretty!!! :)
cj and family said…
That's all right--I've seen that all over town and always thought it was lilacs. I'm glad to now know better! :o) It's still pretty though!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth