Unloading the Camera

Lots has happened in the last week that has kept me busy and low on time to blog. Story of my life, I know! I figured I'd unload the camera and let my pictures tell you what's been happening over here.

As a Thank-You to Matt and Jen for watching Noah for us while we went to Austin, we sent them on a 2 day, 1 night excursion to St. Augustine, FL. They were gone Monday morning through Tuesday evening, and had a great time. Time away with just your spouse is SO refreshing! We watched Brianne who, in comparison to Noah, is Very Mellow. That's all I need to say about that.




We took the kids to the beach Monday evening.




Getting them both to look at the camera at the same time was asking too much. :)


Aren't play-doh stars the greatest?


Noah hard at work concocting a motorcycle.



A favorite pastime--playing on the bed with Daddy. To avoid scaring you, I purposely took half the picture. Josh is lying on the bed, suspending Noah in the air by his ankles, with nothing but a 2-year-old's abs for support. Thrill issues, I tell you!




A dear couple from church decided that the only thing Noah lacked was a cowboy hat, and so they gave him one. I think they're right. ;)


In other news, we're planning to host a yard sale tomorrow from 8am to noon. It's time to round it up and clear it out! That has kept me busy gathering up all our unused stuff and organizing it. Yard sales force you to be brutally honest with yourself. That sweater you haven't worn in 3 years, but nevertheless still hangs in your closet, collecting dust on the shoulders? Get RID of it!

The hardest things to part with have been Noah's baby things, like his bathtub, changing pad, diaper champ, etc, that we were saving for "the next one." But with no "next one" in sight, these things are taking up valuable space. Space is not something I can afford to waste, especially with a move to a smaller house in our hopefully near future. So get rid of these things, we must! Anyone who wants to, please come by our house tomorrow morning. And please, buy our STUFF!! One thing you will not want to miss is my plan to have Noah sell lemonade at the sale! THAT will be something to see, even if you have no need for our stuff. ;)

And now, I leave you with a video taken during Brianne's stay with us. This is one of the times where Noah and Brianne were actually NOT fighting. (Kids are funny: they'd be begging to play with each other, and then get together only to fight and bicker. Sin nature? I think so!) I should note, that were Brianne to get a report card for her stay with us, my comment would be: A Pleasure To Have In Class.

Comments

Ruth said…
I love that first pic!!! I am feeling guilty seeing Brianne play with play-doh. Nadia hasn't experienced that yet. I guess I should go get her some ASAP so she doesn't continue to be deprived. I actually banned my teachers from saying "is a joy to have in class" or any variation of that because I found (as a principal reading all the report cards) that 90% of the students had that comment on their report card! LOL! I hope your yard sale goes well. I've never done one. I do have a growing pile of things to either donate or sell. I am trying to decide whether to have a yard sale, sell things on eBay, or sell them at a consignment shop. I think I would make the most $$ through eBay, but it would be the most time consuming as well. I'm thinking the consignment shop might be the middle road compromise in terms of time investment vs. money made. I am having a really hard time with parting with baby stuff. Even though I am 99% sure we won't have any more kids, I am not quite ready to give up the maternity clothes and baby clothes and such. I think it will be a grieving process. ((hugs)) if it's been hard for you. I know it will be hard for me since I always wanted 3-4 kids. Oh and one final comment - Noah is looking SO big and SO old these days. He doesn't look like a 2 year old although I guess his bday isn't that far away.
The picture with Josh and the kids looks like it could be professional. :) Nice one!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth