Don't Get Me! (A post all about Noah)


This is now Noah's favorite game: He'll walk in front of you, turn around with a twinkle in his eye, and say with a squeal in his voice, "Don't get me!!" and then run giggling away. Of course, this is Noah's first attempt at reverse psychology and he's really dying for you to chase him. :) It is so funny, and if you have the energy to chase him, even better because you'll both end up laughing hysterically. I love it!

I also wanted to record some pronunciation foibles he has so I never forget them:

Funderdorm (thunderstorm. I wrote that one in a previous post)
Truce Ba-Tee Church (Truth Baptist Church)
Mufroom (mushroom)
Gore (girl)
Squorr (squirrel)
Bider (spider)
Bwana (banana)
O-gurt (yogurt)

He has also been trying on different laughs recently. He'll say something and then laugh in a way that's totally not him. It could be cheesy, fake, high-pitched or loud, but he's been trying out different ways to laugh and it's been quite amusing for Josh and me. :)

His favorite adjective lately is the phrase, "big fat little", as in: "That's my big fat little bed." Or, "my big fat little truck." To my knowledge, I have never in my life said anything like that, so I have no guesses where he learned that one.

He can name tunes! This surprised me so much the other day. We were on a walk, and I began humming "It's In His Name". I wasn't singing any words (duh, that's what humming is! I know you know that, but I'm trying to make the point that no words to the song were spoken), and Noah piped up, "You're singing, "In His Name!" Josh and I tested him further in the car the other night, and he named every tune we sang correctly! This is probably not an amazing feat, but I was amazed. I think most new things your child does amaze you. :)

Noah is still taking a nap each day, usually 3 hours (from 1 to 4pm). He is potty-trained except at night, and he talks a LOT. When we sing, "The Wheels On The Bus", I always add in a verse at the end: "The Noahs on the bus go talk, talk, talk..." :)

Those were just some tidbits I don't want to ever forget. Hope you weren't bored!

Comments

cj and family said…
Our little guy still doesn't talk much, so it's got to be fun hearing Noah! :o) Thanks for sharing!
Carrie said…
not at all bored..can't wait to see you all..real soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth