I'm Back!

We had a good time in Connecticut with the family, and now we're back to daily life. We hit the ground running, let me tell you! We got in a day later than we planned, due to another snowstorm up north, but the Lord worked it out and the flights on New Year's Day went smoothly. Here's an overview of our vacation.

During our time away, we celebrated our 7th anniversary at a hotel for the night, which was so much fun and one of the best decisions we have made in a while. :) We left Noah with Josh's parents for the night and were able to have the evening to ourselves. It was the sweetest thing to come back through the door of the house and watch Noah become beside himself with excitement at seeing us again! It brought a tear to my eyes and a grin to my face.

Christmas Day was spent in the usual way, enjoying family and playing games. And it turns out the little bird was right, I got a camera for Christmas!! It is fantastic, and I plan to load pictures up here as soon as I'm able to find some time.

The day after Christmas we went to New Jersey to visit with my sister Lori and her family. We had a great time catching up, though we wish my mom could have come.

We took Noah for his first official haircut. I had been cutting his hair almost weekly, but just trimming it off his ears and neck. Mr. Picard has been the Rowleys' barber for years, and we took Noah one evening. It was a challenge to get him to sit still, but after giving him a lollipop, we were successful.

It's starting to get late, but I just wanted to pop in and let you know I hadn't forgotten to blog and hadn't let it go. Just busy, and trying to get back in our groove. Pictures to follow, but in the meantime, I hope your New Year has gotten off to a great start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth