10 Pound Challenge!!

Some ladies at church have formed a little group to keep each other motivated to exercise. We're calling it the 10-Pound Challenge (though some of us aren't trying to lose any weight and others would like to lose more). It lasts five weeks and you have to pay $5 to the "pot" to join. You have to exercise 30 mins at least 5 times per week. You have to pay a dollar to the "pot" every time you miss a day out of the five for exercise. At the end of the five weeks, whoever has lost the largest percentage of body weight and inches gets the money from the "pot" to buy new clothes! :)

I joined simply because I need motivation to keep on exercising. 6am rolls around mighty early every morning, and in the pitch darkness of the room (I find it so much easier to get up when it's light outside, don't you?) under the warm covers of my bed it is SO EASY to tell myself to go back to sleep for an extra hour rather than get up and exercise. BUT if I have to pay a dollar (which I won't get back because I'm guaranteed to lose this competition), I find my feet hit the ground with a little more determination than otherwise. :)

I'm not fooled into thinking I will actually win this competition. You might wonder why I would even join in the first place, knowing I had to pay $5 to join and knowing I'd never see that money again. Well, I'll tell you: because I like the group of ladies. Because I like accountability. Because I don't mind seeing my $5 go to fund a wonderful friend's wardrobe~especially on the occasion of that friend losing weight! Now, do I want to pay additional bucks if I don't exercise? No. But the $5 wasn't a big deal if it meant I got the perks of joining.

Happy Exercising!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth