Seasons Of Life

The more I live and try to get every last thing done each day, the more I come to realize that there are definite seasons of life. Sure there are the literary ones that some of Shakespeare's works can be compared to; phrases like "the winter of life," speaking of a person's age. But deeper, I mean just that there are times in a person's life for certain activities and other times when those activities cannot happen.

Blogging, for instance. I was thinking that now, in the time of life when I probably have the most to blog about, I have so little time. Fast forward twenty or so years and I *may* have more time on my hands, but less to blog about. I could also have titled this post, "Ironies." But I digress. Take also, for instance, reading. Now there's a pastime I miss. I can remember being a teenager and able to read an entire Saturday away if I wanted to. And I didn't even think that was remarkable! And now, a confession: I used to say I was bored. Bored! Now that I'm aware of just how busy and adventurous life is just trying to do the Lord's will, boredom hasn't paid me a visit in many years.

I'm about as far from bored as I can imagine.

So I am forced, in this extremely busy time in my life, to confine most of my blogging to my own head and hope I remember the particulars for when I actually have a couple minutes to blog, like right now. Highlights:

  • Noah will pull out our bathroom scale and say "How much do you whale, mommy?" Now just what is he trying to say? ;)
  • We are full force ahead on Cellar Circle. The last details are falling into place. The backsplash in the kitchen is up, trim is all up, it's down to the finishing touches now. Pictures to come. It's getting exciting over there!
  • We bought a "new" dining room set on Craigslist yesterday to go in our dining room at Cellar. I LOVE it! I'm praising the Lord for giving it to us, since it is *exactly* what Josh and I wanted. Now we're going to sell our old set. Anyone need one?
  • The weather is warming right up. As usual, the first of May came and it was like someone put the setting on "sauna." But I'm enjoying it after our freezing cold winter. I, like my brother-in-law Matt, vowed to never complain about the heat again after last winter. :)
  • Tomorrow we're having a church picnic. We're looking forward to a fun time with our ever-growing church body! The Lord has been bringing new people over the winter months, which makes fellowship all the sweeter.
  • Disciplining Noah has been more of a challenge lately. Please pray for us, and that I won't go completely gray by the time I'm 30.
  • Which will happen in a mere 3 months. YIKES!!!
  • My life these days consists of: sleeping, eating, devotions, chasing Noah, packing, cleaning, working at Cellar, preparing Sunday School lessons, blogging when I can, running errands, cooking. Couponing has completely fallen by the wayside for the time being.
  • Other than that, I'm free! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth