Jen's Surprise Baby Shower

Jen admiring the cake


Laughing at the homemade Mother-To-Be lei that Mom Rowley and I made.




Me explaining The Price Is Right game we played



Jean doing a great job with the lesson.



Candy pacifiers made by the Bradley girls. CUTE!!!




A. Maze. Ing. That's all I have to say about Laura's cake.





Opening gifts




More gifts



Cute little duck bowl for a decoration



The gifts


I knew I wanted to give Jen a baby shower from the time she and Matt found out they were having a boy. Having had a girl before, there's just some stuff that can't be shared with the new baby. Clothes being one thing. I don't know how butterfly-and-flowered sheets would go over either.

So.

A baby shower was in order, but how to pull it off without her feeling awkward about us planning it? Right. It had to be a surprise. Conveniently enough, the ladies just "happen" to get together every month for Ladies' Meetings. Conveniently enough, Jen had already offered in the past to let me run a ladies meeting. Conveniently enough, I began planning a baby shower for our May meeting.

I asked Jen if I could be "in charge" of the lesson for the May meeting (notice, Jen, I did not say "give" the lesson). She said that would be great! The day after the April meeting, I sent out a mass email to all the ladies in the church, telling them of the plan. They were so excited! After that, many of them volunteered to do decorations, the cake, give ideas for games, and anything else that needed to be done.

Pretty soon we had a full-blown baby shower on our hands! And from what Jen has told me, she was surprised. All the ladies pitched in to make the shower special and a success, and it turned out to be a great night! Thank you to all the ladies of Truth Baptist Church!!





(****sometime I may explain the complicated emotions that conflict within the heart of an infertile person who is planning a baby shower. For those wondering, the Lord gave unspeakable grace.****)

Comments

mary ann hale said…
Thank you for posting the pictures of Jen's shower. I'm sorry I missed it.
Mary Ann Hale

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth