The Many Faces of Noah






















Today I woke up and decided we needed to do something different. I have loved unpacking and setting things up, but I cannot say the same thing for Noah. I haven't been much fun for him the last few weeks I'm afraid. Convicted that he is a precious part of my life (much more important to me than how my home looks), and wanting to spend a fun morning with him, the zoo popped into my mind.

You should have seen his face when I told him we were going to the zoo.

Me: "Time to get your shoes on, Noah!"

Noah (sounding less than excited): "Where are we going?"

Me: "I think we'll go to the zoo. How does that sound?"

Noah (little gears turning in his mind as he lets the weight of my suggestion sink in): "THE ZOOOOOO!! THE ZOOOOO!!!" he shrieks. Shrieks, I tell you.

I think he was excited.

He was in his carseat all buckled in the space of about a minute, yelling for me as I scrambled around finding the sunscreen, snack, and water bottle (who needs those things when you're going to the ZOO?).

We had a fantastic morning! Noah behaved himself beautifully, and loved every minute of our morning out together. So did I, for that matter.


We should do it again sometime!

Comments

cj and family said…
LOVE IT!! :o) Good job, Mommy!
cj and family said…
Thanks so much for sharing these pictures! I stopped by again today and they made me smile all over again. :o) It's been a rather intense day in this part of the world, so these pictures were a welcome rememberance of the wonderful gifts we've been given!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth