May Date Night


This month's Date Night was courtesy of Mom Rowley, who has been here all week! I invited her down for Jen's baby shower, and she was able to come and stay for a week. Allow me to rabbit-trail for a minute....

You know, we always say things like, "The Lord's timing is best", but this week I saw firsthand how true that can be and how He can work out the little details in ways we never imagined. We moved last week. Jen's shower was last week. It was a CrAzY week. We had been scheduled to move twice before over the last 6 months, but this time was for real. When I had invited Mom Rowley down initially, I had no idea we would have moved the weekend before she arrived. Therefore I had no idea how much I would need her here for this week. As usual, she has jumped right in with Noah (and Brianne); taking them to the park and off our hands while we accomplished Necessary Stuff. I've moved lots of times in my life, but this is the first move I've made with a little kid, and it's been nice to have someone around who can play with him while the crucial boxes are being unpacked and the pictures are being hung on the walls. Thank you, Mom Rowley!

Okay, where was I? Yes, Date Night. Josh and I decided to go to Cracker Barrel, one of our favorite restaurants. It doesn't bother me one bit that we shared our dining experience with mostly older couples. I love to watch people who have been married for decades, tenderly seating each other and finishing each other's food, not saying much because they already know. I wonder what they used to look like, and if they have children. It makes me wonder what Josh and I will be like in 40 or 50 years.

After Cracker Barrel, we walked around an arboreteum (sp? it's a tree/nature preserve) and enjoyed strolling through the woods for awhile. We even almost stepped on a snake (!!) but thankfully the Lord allowed Josh to see it before that happened.

I made Josh walk in front of me after that.

We're thankful we were able to go out "just us" and enjoy each other's company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth