Bubbye Baby; Hello Toddler!

Today Noah took his first steps!!! After a bungled attempt to take a video of him wobbling around, I decided just to blog it for memory's sake and try the video tomorrow. Josh pointed out that Noah will probably do it again. Funny guy, that Josh! :) Anyway, for the last few weeks Noah has been able to stand on his own and sort of step as he fell in my direction, but today for the first time we witnessed him let go and move with some purpose toward something else. I think I counted 4 steps before he fell, but hey we all have to start somewhere, right?

So my baby continues to grow up (too fast), and learn new skills. It sounds trite, but it really is bittersweet! The "bitter" because I am well aware that Noah could be our only child (oh, I pray not! Please let us have another, Lord!) so each time we pass another milestone I realize it might be our last experience with it. The "sweet" because I know that children shouldn't stay children forever, and that development is a GOOD sign--a sign that everything is progressing normally and desirably. And I'm so thankful that Noah is healthy and progressing as he should! Praise the Lord for that!

A large part of me--namely my back--is very thankful that Noah will soon be walking for real; my back has been extremely sore for several days. I think it's a combination of holding Noah wrong when he nurses and picking him up wrong. It feels like every muscle in my upper back has been pulled, and those muscles let me know each and every time I use them. If anyone reading this wouldn't mind praying for the Lord to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been praying that He would remove the pain, but so far it's still there. So maybe this is a case of "My grace is sufficient for thee"? I will tell you, it all makes me very thankful for when my back is functioning properly...but in the meantime, any prayers you can spare for the restoration of my back would be wonderful! Thank you! :)

Comments

Shelly said…
Hi Jo! I'm so glad to have stumbled across your blog (via Ruth's!) I'll definitely pray for your back - ironically, I'm up at 2:00am with the same problem.

Your little one is so adorable, and I'm with you about the bittersweetness of him walking. Someone told me yesterday that Abrielle was looking less like a baby and more like a little girl, and I got all teary! (Terrible thing to say to a mom! *wink*)

Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth