Getaway to the Zoo



It was a blessing having Dave here this week! He worked with Josh every day, which meant his car was left sitting all by its lonesome out in our driveway. Dave told me I could use it if I wanted to, which was a much welcome relief to me! Sometimes my days just get so monotonous, not being able to leave the house. One day I went to the grocery store with Noah to pick up a couple things, but yesterday we were able to go to the zoo! It was so much fun! Dave left last night, and we will surely miss him (and his car!). :)

My good friend Carrie has a membership to the zoo which gets her in as many times as she wants to go, and she can bring friends! She invited us out to the zoo yesterday and it actually worked out for all of us which was amazing (like I said; with no car, outings are a bit of a challenge)! We were at the zoo from 12-2pm in between Noah's naptimes, and before her boys take their afternoon nap. In that amount of time we were able to hit all the major animals (lions, elephants, giraffes, otters, monkeys, zebras, and more) as well as a few of the minors. At the end, we stopped by the splash park they have and let the kids splash in the water for a while to cool off. Noah and I had so much fun and are wishing we could go again soon!

The photos are courtesy of Carrie, since I forgot to use my camera much of the time, and then at the splash park I was getting soaked and didn't want my camera to get wet. One of these days I will blossom into a photographer of sorts--it's just a long time coming!

Comments

Ruth said…
Glad you had such a good time! One advantage to sharing Carrie's photos is that YOU are also in them which wouldn't happen if you were the photographer. :-) That's definitely an advantage of living in an urban area. My sister has an annual membership to the science museum (in Chicago) and my niece and nephew go there very frequently. She also can check out free passes from the library to many other museums and such (like the aquarium).
Carrie said…
I'm so glad you had a good time..let me know when you can go again! I was so excited it worked out too!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth