My New Hobby

No, it's not knitting. Guess again!

It's Garage Sales. I know!! When I used to go to garage sales as a girl/teen, all I saw was other people's junk: puzzles with one missing piece (you couldn't pay ME 50 cents for a puzzle with a missing piece. It would drive me crazy!), old furniture and lamps, odds and ends, and The Dreaded Knick-Knacks. But when you're in the market for kids' clothes and toys, garage sales are the places to be! I think I'm hooked.

For a few Saturdays now, whenever our schedule allows, I've been heading out about 8:30am to see what I can find. When I return an hour or two later, I become almost giddy with excitement when I lay out all my treasures and get to say, "And I got ALL THIS for $15!!" or whatever the amount happens to be. Because it's no fun to just buy the stuff and come home and put it away. You have to show someone and have your bargains validated and celebrated. :)
Here are a few of my recent finds:
Assorted books for 25-50cents each
Some fun toys, $1 each

Some clothes for Noah, 25-50 cents
A new carseat!!!
and my favorite: a glider rocker

The glider came in especially handy last weekend when Noah had that fever. We rocked and read stories and sang songs. For my Non-Cuddler son, that was a time when he actually felt somewhat cuddly. :) The carseat was a necessity, since he has outgrown his infant one, plus I think it's high time he turn around and face forward. I found this carseat today!

Well I know I'm enjoying myself going to all these garage sales. What about you; what floats your boat these days?


Comments

Ruth said…
You got some great buys that's for sure!!! I have never been into yard sales, but I think that will change (if not this summer then next spring/summer). If we lived near each other, we could go together. :-)
Carrie said…
getting out of the house is what floats my boat :) Lately I feel like I clean the church 4 days a week...almost done with that though. I like yard sales but better when its a block sale and you go house to house walking....kids books are my favorite thing to find. It looks like you got some great stuff! See you tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth