Refreshing Sunday

If you had asked me on the way to church this morning what kind of day this would be, I would have grumbled that it was going to be one Frustrating Day, as Sundays sometimes are. Noah had spent the whole hour before we left fussing and crying, I had single-handedly gotten the entire family ready and out the door with a self-pitying sigh, and I'll be honest: I was not in the frame of mind to go to church. (As a sidenote, I've found that those times you want to go to church the least are the times you ought to go the most!) Noah fell asleep on the way to church, which only added to my frustration. You see, when he falls asleep on the way (usually in the last 10 minutes of the trip) he wakes up when we try to take him out of the car, and then doesn't go back to sleep, so the result is he has a 10-min morning nap. I am very fond of schedules, so this grates me the wrong way every time!

But!!!

After dropping Noah off at the church nursery, we headed up to Sunday School where (in spite of my bad attitude) the Lord began to prick my heart that maybe life isn't all about Joanna! :) By the time we left church after the morning service, the Lord had stirred my heart, convicted, and refreshed me again.

And Then!!!

All 3 of us were able to take naps this afternoon (usually completely unheard of). My nap was so good that when I woke up I had no idea what day or time of day it was. It was 2:30 p.m. but I thought it was 2:30 a.m., and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the sun was out at that time of night! Now THAT'S a good nap! :) After the nap I was able to get little things done, like cutting coupons and painting my toenails. Then the evening service was another complete blessing to my heart. Our interim Pastor is really a breath of fresh air to our weary souls! I am so thankful to the Lord for turning this day around and blessing every part of it. What a wonderful Sunday!

Comments

Ruth said…
Glad you had such a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth