Bunny Farming



Last Fall, Josh decided he wanted to buy a couple of bunnies to keep as pets, in hopes that they would reproduce and give us cute cuddly babies. Well the first 2 he bought (promised to us by the pet shop owner to be a male and a female) turned out to be both males, so no "go" there. I don't exactly remember how we ended up with 6 rabbits, but we did; 2 males and 4 females. Baby bunnies comin' right up! Right? Wrong.


Here we are in Spring, and Josh and I were figuring all the myths about rabbits reproducing were a bunch of bunk. Except!!! One day last week I was seating Noah in his highchair and happened to look out the window and saw what looked to be little fluff balls toddling about the yard. So finally, in addition to our adult bunnies, we have 7 Cute As Can Be little baby bunnies. And now we think another rabbit is pregnant.... We'll have to wait to see how many bunnies we end up with!!
I have thought on more than one occasion what an ironic thing it is for an "infertile" girl such as myself to end up with bunnies--some of the most fertile animals out there--as pets. I was even beginning to feel a little sorry for them that they couldn't reproduce either! I'm glad for them though, because that means my dear husband got his wish. That was really the most exciting part of it all for me--to see Josh's face when he saw those little bunnies and knew that he was a good "farmer" after all!

Comments

Carrie said…
very cute! can't wait to come over and see them sometime.
Ruth said…
They are soooo cute!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth