Back to "normal"


My mom left yesterday. The week went by so fast for all of us! I know I will miss having her to eat breakfast with and talk to, and her help taking care of Noah--it's so nice having an extra pair of hands (and eyes) around to ease the load a bit. This past week was a vacation of sorts for me, as I got to go shopping for things other than groceries, and relax a lot more than normal. So it's back to the daily routine now for me!

One of the most frustrating things for Josh this week was the loss of 6 of the 7 baby bunnies! Seems an owl found out about them and decided to come snatch one every evening. Josh keeps a BB gun by the back door (carry-over from his childhood, perhaps?), and after the first 2 bunnies were taken, he was on-the-ready with his gun, but that owl is pretty fast and sadly we couldn't avoid the inevitable. I tried to make Josh feel better about it by pointing out that the owl has to eat too and maybe it has a nest of its own babies to feed, but that didn't seem to help. :) He said he felt ripped off (and by a bird to boot!). So we have one baby bunny left, and for Josh's sake, I hope it stays away from the owl!



Comments

I love the idea of a blog where you can record and inform others about what is going on in your life (and Josh's and Noah's)! Noah is getting sooooo cute and busy! I like being about to see the pictures too. I never did get a Facebook account even though I know you use it too to keep up with friends.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth