Not a Plant Guru


I'm definitely not a plant whiz. I can name your basic rose, hydrangea, daisy, daffodil, and the ones everyone else knows, but other than that, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to plants. Josh, in a sweet mood the other day, brought home a flower for me that he picked at one of the properties he owns. It's BEAUTIFUL! But I have no idea what it is. I haven't figured out how to "google" an image, so other than entering "red flower" and trying to weed through (pun intended!) all the results, I'm stuck! If you know the name of this beauty, please speak up!

My guess would be some type of lily??

Comments

Carrie said…
we had one grow in our yard this year at Easter (same color even)- not sure what it is though.
Ruth said…
I sent your pic to a friend in an email. He used to work for a florist. Anyhow, he said it's an amaryllis. Hope that helps! :-)
drowl87 said…
jo, i would also agree that it appears to be an amaryllis. mom always has one of these growing around christmas time.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth