Milestones

It's fun to me to see the growth and development taking place in Noah's life. Today he went in for his 9 month check-up. Noah now weighs 22lbs and is 29 3/4 inches tall! At birth he was 10 lb 4 oz, and 21 1/2 inches long, so quite a difference.

But even more fun than the growth are all the new things he is learning. I've counted at least 15 different words and phrases that I KNOW he knows the meaning of, and I'm sure there are more that he knows or is learning each day. Over the weekend he learned how to climb into the bathtub all by himself (I hope he doesn't translate that knowledge to his crib anytime soon!). He can stand alone and take one step by himself too! We're even beginning to see him practice a little manipulation, as he has learned how to fake cough and fake cry. I make him spend at least 30 minutes a day in his playpen to try to teach him to focus on a toy and not have the luxury of mobility. While he's in there I usually play a Patch the Pirate cd for him, and that helps him play a little longer.

This first year is zipping by so fast, and I'm told the rest of the years don't slow down. College before we know it, huh? Well, for now we're conquering walking! :) Won't be long; stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth