My Diet And Why I Ditched It

Well, maybe "ditched" is a strong word, but whatever you call it, I'm officially done with my 3-month trial.

I began the summer on a new regimen for me: eating as naturally and organically as possible, with nothing artificial, no refined sugar or flour, and vegetables, vegetables, vegetables. It was a wonderful time of year to be on such a diet, with gardens in full swing and produce in abundance. My goal was to see if eating all-natural foods as close to the way God made them as possible would help me with my Issues.



While I will say I think I felt better than before (especially noticed when I would eat something "forbidden" and then feel horrible as a result), I did not notice any improvement in my Issues. It's possible that we didn't give it enough time--ideally I probably should have given it 6 months or a year. But the reason we didn't is that, we noticed a substantial increase in our grocery spending. "Increase" is putting it mildly.



I do think it's great to eat naturally, and wish I could do it all the time. I think for us, though, a good compromise would be to eat more vegetables and fruits, and try to avoid sugar and refined products as much as possible.

That's my plan for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth