Five Dollars Well Spent

I've been sort of AWOL from the couponing world lately. I don't know what to call it; whether I was suffering from Coupon Jadedness, a Time Shortage, or a Deal Drought, but it seems all three combined to make a perfect storm of paying full price. :) But why waste time focusing on the months I've spent buying things at full price? Why not look at what I got today?
I went to CVS and spent about $5 for all you see here. This puts a smile on my face! Here's the breakdown:

ReNu contact lens solution, 12 oz size. $7.99 with $7.99 in Extra Bucks (this is spendable cash at CVS) coming back to me. I used a $4.00 off coupon, bringing my out-of-pocket expense to $4.55 after sales tax.

Today I went back and bought the rest of the items, using my $7.99 in Extra Bucks.

Dove deodorant, $3.29 (plus $.75 off one coupon)
Herbal Essences shampoo, $2.88, (plus $1 off of 2 coupon)
Herbal Essences conditioner, $2.88
Skintimate shave gel, $3.99 (but FREE since I had a coupon to try it for free!)

I had to pay $0.95 in sales tax today (extra bucks will not cover tax), bringing my total out of pocket expense to...

$5.50 for everything pictured above!!

Praise the Lord for good deals!

Comments

cj and family said…
Woo hoo! :o) great deals! I just might need to investigate the CVS ad this week ...

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth