"E" is for Elephant Ears

This was the end of E week here at the Rowley household. Today Noah and I made Elephant Ears, which ended up being very large cinnamon-sugar cookies, kind of like flat cinnamon rolls. YUMMY! Our favorite weekly letter activity is definitely baking. If I can let go of my OCD tendencies and relax and let us make a mess, we have a fabulous time! That's what happened today. Noah did *almost* all of this project all by himself.


"Smile!" (this is what he does when I say, "smile!" I guess it counts.)


As my mom used to say, you've got to hold your mouth right!


Rolling dough is his favorite part


Again with the mouth. It must have worked!



This was a harder task; sprinkling the cinnamon-sugar. Takes coordination. I took a deep breath and let him get sugar everywhere. It was good for me. :)




The finished product! And a real smile! He was actually trying to hide the fact that he was worried about burning his hands on the elephant ears. Can you see the flour all over the front of his shirt?







Comments

Carrie said…
looks like so much fun! I have also had to learn to let them (my children) in many areas (crafts and cooking to name two) and I am glad I did because it is so neat to see what they can do, their way. instead of it being what I did with a little help from them. I think it also helps them want to do it more.
cj and family said…
Good job, Mommy!!! The flour cleans up ... the memories last forever. And he looks like he's having a fantastic time! And regarding crafts ... I'll send you a FB note. ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth