Back in Florida

Heading out on our way to Boston. That 15-passenger van was full of our family, and Josh and I were driving a car separately.



I've lived in Florida long enough to appreciate soft grass when I see it! I sat down in the grass at Boston Common to savor it awhile.


Josh and the Capitol Building in Boston


Some of our group on the ferry ride to see the USS Constitution.



Matt out in front of the welcome center at The Wilds of New England (a Christian camp). We toured that on Monday. It's beautiful up there in New Hampshire!




Our little taste of Fall.






We are back from our trip to Connecticut. The traveling went very well going there and coming home, so thank you to those who prayed! We enjoyed beautiful weather while we were away. Just Gorgeous. Even the 2 days or so that got above 90 degrees felt much cooler minus the sauna-like humidity that we experience in Florida. The nights always cooled off, which helped too. As vacations should be, this one was full of fun and also a good bit of relaxation--I was able to read a fiction book from cover-to-cover over vacation, which was very nice. Much of my reading was done en route somewhere or on the Rowleys' front porch with a cool breeze blowing my direction. The pictures above were from the trip to Boston that our family took on Friday of vacation. The Lord gave us a perfect day (sunny, high 70's) to enjoy seeing the sights.

And now, we are back to reality! A few news items:

My mammogram went very well this morning. They didn't see anything of concern, so that was a relief. This being my first experience with mammograms, I didn't know what to expect. Let me just tell you that mammograms would go onto my list of Top 10 Weird Experiences (if I had such a list, which I don't). That's all I'm going to say about that! :)

Now that it is September and I'm feeling all school-y, I thought I'd begin teaching Noah his alphabet in depth. He can recognize many of the letters, but can't always tell me what sounds they make. Since this is a short week (due to vacation overlap), I decided to do an overview of the alphabet to finish off the week, and then begin a full week next week with the letter "A". Today I showed Noah some A B C flashcards just to get a feel for which letters he knows and which ones he doesn't. We also read a couple of alphabet books, which he loves! He gets so tickled when he gets a letter correct.

I have about another month on my organic/natural foods trial. I don't know if it was vacation or what, but I'm really losing motivation to keep with this thing. I sort of fell off over vacation just simply because it's HARD to eat perfectly when you're not the one doing the cooking, and when you're eating out more often. I'm going to make a concentrated effort to get back with the program for this last month, and then I have a feeling I'm going to be eating more "normally" after that. Maybe not as much sugar as I was used to, and trying to eat naturally for snacks and things, but probably more normal-type breads and things like that. We'll see. Interestingly enough, I have not lost a single pound while on my organic kick. :)
It's good to be home again, and back in our normal routine. Noah seems a little more like himself than he had been on vacation. We're still having our issues, but doesn't everybody? Trusting the Lord to give wisdom where He will, and trusting Him for the outcome as long as we do it God's way. That's a wonderful place to be!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth