It Hit Me

I was organizing my desk (exciting, I know) the other day and was reminded about what my life was like back when we first moved to Florida in 2004. Back when I was yearning for a baby.

And it hit me.

I never thought way back then that I'd ever be a mom, and here I am! The Lord was so gracious to me, and the reality of just how gracious was made new and real to me again yesterday.

Praise the Lord for answering my most fervent of prayers! I am so thankful for Noah. I know sometimes it must sound otherwise, when you catch me in the middle of a nitty-gritty day. And let's face it, rearing a three-year-old brings LOTS of nitty-gritty days! But the blessings are there too in abundance.

Example: the other night as I was putting Noah to bed, I asked him if he'd always give me hugs, even when he's 15 years old. And he put his squishy little arms around my neck and said in a Very Loud Voice, "Mommy, when I'm 15 years old I will always give you hugs!"

Such sweetness.

Such baloney.

I'm holding him to every word. :)

Comments

Carrie said…
hold him to it! Hold on to him tight..they grow up so fast! I am thankful with you for the Lord answering our prayers for a baby for you. Don't ever forget his kindness and goodness.

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth