Imagination


When they're really little, I don't know that kids have much, if any, imagination. Or maybe they just can't verbalize it. Whatever the reason, we are just now beginning to witness Noah's imagination beginning to blossom. Every morning for about an hour, I send Noah into his room to play by himself with his toys. And every morning, I hear snippets of play talk such as,


(Noah, to himself, in a feigned deep voice): "Go away! Quickly! Before the giant sees us!"


"I am going to shoot you!" (another, deeper voice says) "No, you're not!"


"Okay, Trainmaster, time to get on board!" (yet another voice) "Okay! Beep the horn!"


Oh, that I had an imagination like his! Mine took a leave of absence several years ago, and I haven't heard from it since. How about you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolving Everyday Conflict

The Hand of God

The Whole Truth